Myllysaari museum

Valkeakoski  >  Culture and education  >  Myllysaari museum

Myllysaari museum Myllysaari is located in the middle of the city of Valkeakoski, between the crossing of two lakes, Mallasvesi and Vanajavesi. Myllysaari, translated Mill Island, literally used to be an island whose shores were dotted with grain mills since the Middle Ages.  Walkiakoski  rapid gave driving power a papermill that was built on thislocation in 1871. Todays the old factorybuildings are home to Myllysaari museum. The area is a nationally significant cultural environment .

Exhibitions
The permanent exhibition of Myllysaari museum is called “Vana - wake" , the track left by a boat moving through water. It is a journey of Valkeakoski and Sääksmäki from the Iron Age through to today.
The story brings distant trades and people to life. 

Translations are available in English, Russian,
German and Swedish. Visit our photo gallery.

Myllysaari museum houses changing exhibitions through all year round. The themes vary from historical topics to arts and crafts.

In Myllysaari there is also The Finnish football museum. It displays more than 100 years of Finnish football history through uniforms, trophies, and featured legendary Finnish players.



Opening hours
In summer
1 June - 30 August
Mon - Fri 10 am - 4 pm
Sat, Sun 12 noon - 4 pm

In winter
1 September - 31 May
Tue - Fri 10 am - 4 pm
Sun 12 noon - 4 pm

Entry
Adults 5 euros
Pensioners, students 3 euros
Groups (min 10 persons) 3 euros
Children aged 7-16 1 euro
Children under 7 ffree of sharge

Guided tour 50 eur. By reservation only.



Myllysaari museum
Kanavanranta 3 C
FIN-37600 Valkeakoski
Tel +358 (0)3 571 8123
e-mail: myllysaari at.gif : 1 kB valkeakoski.fi

Myllysaari museo Facebookissa


Last modified by: Tuija Ruuttunen, 2.6.2017 10:55